Daniel G. Neary,
PhD, CPSS, FSSSA, FASA
Science Team Leader, Southwest Watershed Team
/ Soil Scientist & Hydrologist
Air, Water and Aquatic Environments (AWAE) Science Program
- 1969 B.S. Forestry, Michigan State University
- 1972 M.S. Forest Ecology, Michigan State University
- 1974 Ph.D. Forest Soils and Forest Hydrology, Michigan State University
- 1970-1974 Graduate Research Assistant and NDEA Fellow, Department of Forestry, Michigan State University.
- 1974-1978 New Zealand Forest Service: Post Doctoral Fellow, Forest Research Institute, Rotorua, New Zealand.
- 1978-1981 USDA Forest Service: Soil Scientist (GS11-12), Southeastern Station, Coweeta Hydrologic Lab, Otto, NC .
- 1981-1993 USDA Forest Service: Project Leader and Soil Scientist, (GS12-15) Southeastern Station, IMPAC, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL.
- 1993-2007 USDA Forest Service: Project Leader and Soil Scientist, (GS-15), Riparian Ecological Systems, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Flagstaff, AZ .
- 2007-Present USDA Forest Service: Science Team Leader and Soil Scientist, (GS-15), Air, Water and Aquatic Environments Science Program , Rocky Mountain Research Station, Flagstaff, AZ.
- University of Florida, 1981-present
- Michigan Tech. University, 1987-2004
- Northern Arizona University, 1993-present
- University of Arizona, 1995-present
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
- American Society of Agronomy
- American Water Resources Association
- International Association of Wildland Fire
- Soil Science Society of America
- International Energy Agency Task 31, USA Representative
- International Erosion Control Association
OFFICES HELD IN and AWARDS FROM PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- Agency Representative for USDA Forest Service, Geological Society of America, 1985-1996.
- Chair, Section S-7, Forest and Range Soils, Soil Science Society of America, 1991-1992.
- Soil Science Society of America, Board Member, 1992-1993; 2006-2008.
- Member, ARPACS Soil Science Certification Board, American Society of Agronomy, 1999- Present; Soils Board Chair, 2002-2004
- Fellow, American Society of Agronomy, 2004
- Fellow, Soil Science Society of America, 2005; Board Member, 2009-2011
- Fulbright Foundation Senior Specialist, Environmental Science, 2008-2013
- New Zealand Post-doctoral Research Fellowship: 1974-1978
- Tapalpa Watershed Project, Jalisco, Mexico, 1994-1997
- Rio Laja Watershed Project, Guanajuato, Mexico, 2004-2005
- Nogales Erosion Project, Sonora, Mexico, 2004-2005
- International Arid Lands Consortium Project: USA, Spain, Israel, 2004-2006
- Scientific Exchanges:
- New Zealand, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 1995, 2000, 2005
- Honduras, 1989
- Ireland, 1991
- Russia, 2001
- Spain, 2002-2005
- France, 1989, 2004
- Sweden, 1998, 2004
- Brazil, 2002
- Norway, 2004
- Finland, 1998, 2007
- Australia, 1987, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009
- Czech Republic, 2005, 2006
- Israel, 2006, 2007
- Chile, 2007
Page contact: Dan Neary | AWAE Science Team Flagstaff, RMRS