|Current Research Projects:|
- Post-wildfire flood flows and hydrologic
responses, Workman Creek Watersheds, Coon Creek Fire 2000. Neary, D.G.;Gottfried, G.J. Fire Plan Funded.
- Post-wildfire flood flows and hydrologic responses, Stermer
Ridge Watersheds, Rodeo-Chediski Fire 2002. Neary, D.G.;Ffolliott, P.F. Fire Plan Funded.
- Watershed hydrologic and erosion responses to
spring and summer prescribed fires, Peloncillo Mountains, New Mexico. Neary,
D.G.; Gottfried, G.J. Borderlands Ecosystem Management Project and Fire Plan
- Effects of post-wildfire flood flows on Southwest fish
populations. Rinne, J.N.; Neary, D.G. Fire Plan Funded.
- Evaluation of watershed and riparian hydrologic
and geomorphic conditions, Upper Verde Rive, Prescott N.F., Arizona. Medina,
A.L.; Neary, D.G.; Rinne, J.N. RMRS-4302 and Prescott National Forest Funded.
- Continued development of RMRS-OALS Web Site:
"Managing Arid and Semi-arid Watersheds" [http://ag.arizona.edu/OALS/watershed/index.html]
(International Arid Lands Consortium Funded).
- Dryland Vegetation Dynamics and Landscape Vulnerability to
Wildfire. Orr, B.(USA); van Leeuwen, W.(USA); Neary, D.G. (USA);
Bautista, S.(Spain); Willtenberg, L. (Israel); Carmel, Y. (Israel).
- Interior West Riparian Threats Assessment. Neary, D.G., Merritt, D., Theobold, D. Western Threats Center Funded.
Past Research Projects:
New Zealand Forest Research Institute
Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratory
- Effects of clear cutting and slash burning on water quality
- Impacts of forest fertilization on water quality
- Wastewater recycling in forests
- Volcanic geomorphology and forest soils
Intensive Management Practices Assessment Center, University of Florida
- Environmental fate of the herbicide; picloram
- Environmental impacts of hexazinone
- Effects of wildfire on water quality
- Off-site movement of seed orchard insecticides
International Activities (under construction)
- Hydrologic functioning of Coastal Plain cypress-pine flatwoods
- Biological processes controlling pine growth
- Environmental fate of the herbicides: sulfometuron, hexazinone, and
- Off-site movement of Cu, Cr, and As from woood treatments plants
- Effects of fire on sand pine ecosystems
- Longleaf pine ecosystem restoration
- Israel 2007
- Australia 2007
- Chile 2007
- Israel 2006
- Portugal 2006
- Czech Republic 2006